Friday, October 1, 2010

I love marketing

"Able to transmit the DNA sequence of 56,000 people in a second" - Way to use an analogy that I have no idea how big that is. I suppose DNA sequences are fairly large, but it would just be a text file of info... I suppose I really just have no idea what size this is and whether that is truly fast or just pretty fast.

"Able to move the entire printed library of congress in a second" ... ok, so is that in txt files, pdfs, e-pubs. This one is a little better but once again, it sounds like a good bit but I have no idea how many books that actually is, how many gigs or terabytes you are moving.

322 Terabyte performance - Awww, now there is something I recognize, but of course they aren't going to mention any specifics beyond their biggest number! What exactly is that a measure of? How are you defining "performance"?

Aw well, I suppose if I was a sales guy I might not be able to do much better, it is why marketers should always have a tech with them.

No comments: